French Route stage 35: Portomarín - Palas de Rei
Camino de Santiago
This stage passes through...
Portomarín, Gonzar, Castromaior, O Hospital, Ventas de Narón, Ligonde, Eirexe, Lestedo, A brea, Palas de Rei
- Route belonging to:
- The Way of Saint James
- Name of route:
- French Route
- 25,00 km
- Main difficulties
- In winter the cold, frost, snow, rain, fog and the strong winds make the pilgrims' route more difficult.
- Flora, fauna and crops
- In the area of Monterroso there are blackberries, raspberries, asparagus, chestnuts and wild mushrooms. The fauna in the Portomarín area includes eels, trout, partridge, hare, rabbit, wild boar and deer; and the flora consists of oaks, chestnut and birch trees.
- Craft products
- Shotguns for hunting and wicker and reed baskets are among the typical products of Monterroso. In Portomarín, typical drinks are wine from the Ribeira Sacra area and the local brandy from Portomarín.
- Gastronomic products, cakes and pastries
- Portomarín: eels, brandy and sweet tarts.
- Rest areas
- In Portomarín pilgrims can rest in: Ventas de Narón (with a hostel); Gonzar (hostel); Campo Fiesta in Portomarín; Parque Antonio Sanz; Portomarín viewing point