Montañas del Fuego
Las Montañas del Fuego are like a walk on the Moon on earth. They originated after the violent volcanic eruptions in the south of Lanzarote between 1730 and 1736 resulting in the Parque Nacional de Timanfaya.
Las Montañas del Fuego have a deserted beauty, and a range of ochre shades that astound visitors. They seem small compared to one of Manrique’s powerful and fresh pieces of art, which combines, yet again, art, nature and humankind living in harmony. From deep down on earth, Islote de Hilario stands out, surrounded by a 200-square-kilometre sea of lava where 25 dormant craters lay.
There, Manrique let his restless mind loose, and with his genius he came up with the idea of El Diablo restaurant bringing that place to life. That work of art, was the result of a extraordinary combination of humankind and nature, without a doubt, one of the most impressive pieces in the world.
The furnace in El Diablo uses the natural heat of the earth to cook unique dishes right under our feet, ten metres deep, at almost 300 degrees. Extreme heat that comes out to the surface and creates unforgettable moments for visitors. The natural and artistic landscape of Las Montañas del Fuego allows tourists to visit the Ruta de los Volcanes on special vehicles in order for the experience of seeing such wonders of nature, in this moon-like landscape, unique.
- Price: €10 per person (including taxes)
- Activities available in the following languages: Spanish.English.French.German
- Duration: 3 Hours
- Date available from: 07/11/2018
- Date available to: 07/11/2019
- Additional information: Opening hours: 9:00-17:45. Last visit to Ruta de los Volcanes: 17:00. Summer opening hours (15 July to 15 September): 9:00-18:45. Recommended opening hours: This is a highly visited National Park during high season -15 July to 15 September and Easter-. It is advisable to visit us from 9:00 to 11:00 and 15:00 to 17:45, in order to avoid waiting in line.
- Category of the activity: Circuits and visits
- Who is it for?: Young people. Families. Adults without children. Senior. LGBT
- Organising company: Centros Turísticos Lanzarote
Information supplied by the provider
Montañas del Fuego .