Birding tour in the Albufera de Valencia
The Albufera de Valencia is a freshwater lagoon surrounded by rice field on the Gulf of Valencia coast in the Valencia Community, eastern Spain. In this Birding Albufera de Valencia tour, we will visit the main birding spots of this important Natural Park which covers a baste area of 21,120 ha. We will look round the different habitats such as the sandbars, the marshes, the rice fields and the lagoon. In the Albufera, is possible to watch during the migration up to 100 bird species in one single day. In addition, the area is well-known for attracting large number of uncommon species, especially during the migration nevertheless, during the whole year long, a great bio-diversity of fauna and flora can be observed in the Albufera.Some of the species that could be seen in this tour are: Purple Swamphen, Moustached and Savi’s Warbler, Bluethroat, Red-knobbed Coot, Sandwich Tern, Little Tern, Common Tern and Gull-billed Tern, Slender-billed and Audouin’s Gull, Balearic Shearwater, Kingfisher, Red-Crested Pochard, Collared Pratincole, Booted Eagle, Marsh Harrier and great number of wintering waders and ducks.Every year in the Albufera de Valencia are recorded rarities such as the Pectoral Sandpiper, 32 observations 2011 and 13 in 2012, Broad-billed sandpiper, 4 observations in 2013, Collared flycatcher, 3 observations in 2013, Blue-winged teal, 9 observations 2012, etc.
This tour involves no walk difficulties. In addition, our company has access to restricted areas which are not open to the public.
- Price: €95 per person (including taxes)
- Activities available in the following languages: Spanish.English
- Duration: 8 Hours
- Date available from: 08/10/2015
- Date available to: 18/08/2022
- Additional information: The prices is up to 2 people. Extra person 35 € with a maximum of 4 people.
- Category of the activity: Circuits and visits. The great outdoors. Nature. Observing nature and wildlife
- Who is it for?: LGBT. Senior. Adults without children. Families. Young people
- Organising company: Birdwatching Spain
Information supplied by the provider