Andújar devotion to Mary
The Basilica and Royal Sanctuary of Our Lady of the Cabeza was initially built between 1287 and 1304 in the Cerro de la Cabeza, from which the Virgin takes its title, located in the same place where the appearance of the image took place in 1227. The pilgrimage to the Basilica is the second oldest in Spain, with nearly 800 years of history.
Day 1, arrival at the accommodation and check-in. Lunch and free time. During tonight’s dinner, our host will tell us everything about the importance of the Pilgrimage of the Virgen de la Cabeza for the people from Andújar.
Day 2, in the morning we will go up in mule (or walking) to the Sanctuary, where we will visit its Museum. In the afternoon, we will continue with the Hermitage of the Virgin. Accommodation in the Sanctuary.
Day 3, in the morning we will return to Andújar, to visit the most outstanding religious monuments of the city. For lunch, we will have a tapas tour through some of the best taverns of the city. In the afternoon, we will approach a flamenco costume workshop, an essential part of the Pilgrimage.
Day 4, in the morning we will transfer to Úbeda and Baeza, declared as a Unesco World Heritage. We will also visit a family-owned oil mill. We will eat at Baeza before going on a cultural tour through Úbeda.
Day 5, after breakfast, we will go to a local clay workshop to watch and learn how they work on their pieces.
- Price: €750 per person (including taxes)
- Activities available in the following languages: Spanish.English.French
- Duration: 5 Day
- Date available from: 22/10/2018
- Date available to: 31/12/2019
- Category of the activity: Circuits and visits. In the city. Culture and traditions. Traditional festivities
- Who is it for?: Young people. Families. Adults without children. Senior. LGBT
- Organising company: TURISMO VIVENCIAL
Information supplied by the provider
To the Sanctuary by cariage
Other activities you may find interesting
€20 per person (including taxes)
1. ... (+See more)
Illa de Arousa, A