The Montanera, unique autumn in Los Pedroches
What is the Montanera? Every year, from the end of October to the beginning of March, the oak trees of our Dehesa, the largest oak tree “encina” forest in Europe, drop their acorns filling the air with the unmistakable sound they make when touching the ground. During this time, the Ibérico pigs that roam free in the fields feed on the acorn feast this season offers. This acorn diet is essential to produce the best Ibérico ham imaginable.
During the private tour, you will be able to experience firsthand this unique time of the year. Walking through the fields and looking at, and touching if you like, our Iberian pigs while they feed, is something you won’t forget. At lunchtime, you will taste our delicious Ibérico ham surrounded by our beautiful countryside and we, a family of farmers, will tell you all about the Dehesa: what the it is and means to our ecosystem. Do you know the secrets to the finest acorn-fed Ibérico ham? We will tell you.
You will enjoy a day with us and we look forward to welcoming you!
Personalized guided tour of our family farm
Pleasant walk through the Dehesa during the Montanera season
Life at el Cortijo (traditional farmhouse) with the farmer and his family
Delicious lunch of acorn-fed Iberian ham and traditional dishes in the middle of nature, surrounded by thousands of oaks
Does not include: Travel
We recommend wearing comfortable clothes and shoes
Price for groups of 6 to 12 people (please ask for prices for smaller or larger groups as well as adding extra activities.
- Price: €115 per person (including taxes)
- Activities available in the following languages: Spanish.English
Villanueva de Córdoba (Cordoba)
- Duration: 4 Hours
- Date available from: 17/09/2019
- Date available to: 31/03/2021
- Additional information: Montanera: Every year, from the end of October to the beginning of March.
- Category of the activity: Gastronomy. Enjoying ham
- Who is it for?: LGBT. Senior. Adults without children. Families. Young people
- Organising company: LAS LAGARTOSAS TURISMO EN LA DEHESA
Information supplied by the provider
Bellotas (acorns), fruit of the oaks
The Dehesa during Montanera
The Ibérico pig roaming in the Dehesa
Jamón Ibérico: Iberiam Ham
Traditional dish: Lechón frito