Exhibition: The Birth of Abstraction. Line and color in the IVAM Collection
© IVAM. Instituto Valenciano de Arte Moderno
Image from the exhibition 'The Birth of Abstraction. Line and color in the IVAM Collection”
The IVAM brings together, through this exhibition, some 150 works from its collection to examine the development of artistic abstraction from the post-war era up until the end of the 20th century.
The museum focuses chronologically on a series of themes in the evolution of the various artistic trends since the Second World War. The exhibition is the first to feature a hitherto unseen large-scale installation by James Turrell and a dozen panels composed of virgin wax by José María Sicilia. It includes other works such as those by Antoni Tàpies, sculptures by Richard Serra, Tony Smith and Ángeles Marco, with a room given over to portraits of women by Antonio Saura.
- Date: From Jul 20, 2017 to Sep 16, 2018
Calle Guillem de Castro, 118
46003. Valencia (Valencia-València. Region of Valencia)
Schedules and prices
- From Jul 20, 2017 to Sep 16, 2018
- From Tuesday to Sunday From 10:00 to 19:00
- Friday From 10:00 to 21:00
- Closing days: Monday
- General: €6
- Reduced: €3
- Retired persons: Admission free
- Children: Admission free children under 10
- Disabled persons: Admission free
- Admission free Friday from 07.00 pm to 09:00 pm, Saturday from 03:00 pm to 07.00 pm, and Sunday.
* Information may be subject to modifications