Northern Route stage 21: La Isla - Sebrayo
Puerto de Lastres
This stage passes through...
La Isla, Güeñu, Colunga, Pernús, La Llera, La Vega, Sebrayo
- Route belonging to:
- The Way of Saint James
- Name of route:
- Northern Route
- 14,8 km
- Mode of transport
- 3,35. Bicycle
- Flora, fauna and crops
- Valleys of the inland marine environment. Special features are particularly the "porreos", which is the name given to areas of land reclaimed from the sea and which are home to extremely interesting sub-halophile meadows with channels and pools. Nearly one hundred species of water birds have been identified, from to a total of 16 families.
- Craft products
- Traditional crafts include the work in jet, and gold, jewellery, wood, pottery, textiles, leather and leather goods, stone and quarrying, and ornamental articles.
- Gastronomic products, cakes and pastries
- The local specialities are fabada con compangu (bean stew with smoked meats); pote asturiano (a hearty soup); bean stew with clams, limpets or shellfish; fish and limpet soups. Desserts include rice pudding, apple tart, Villaviciosa tart, and home-made confectionery: jams, sweets, nougat and so on.
- Rest areas
- La Ballera rest area, El Puntal rest area.