French Route stage 36: Palas de Rei - Melide
Camino de Santiago
This stage passes through...
Palas de Rei, Carballal, San Xulián do Camiño, O Mato Casanova, Couto, Leboreiro, Disicabo, Furelos, Melide
- Route belonging to:
- The Way of Saint James
- Name of route:
- French Route
- 15,00 km
- Flora, fauna and crops
- Entre la vegetación de la zona abundan los robles, castaños, pinos, eucaliptos y abedules. Entre la vegetación de la zona abundan los robles, castaños, pinos, eucaliptos y abedules. The local vegetation consists mainly of oaks, chestnut, pine, eucalyptus and birch trees. And the fauna includes trout, partridges, rabbits, and wild boar; and crops are mostly garden produce, corn, and tubers.
- Craft products
- This area is famous for its leatherwork (bags, belts, shoes and bracelets…)
- Gastronomic products, cakes and pastries
- The local gastronomic specialities are octopus, cheese, veal, sweet cakes and macaroons.
- Rest areas
- Recreational area of the Furelos river, rest area on the industrial estate, and the rest area in Agüeiros.