French Route stage 32: O Cebreiro (Pedrafita) - Triacastela
Camino de Santiago
This stage passes through...
O Cebreiro, Liñares, Hospital da Condesa, Padornelo, Fonfría, O Biduedo, Fillobal, Pasantes, Ramil, Triacastela
- Route belonging to:
- The Way of Saint James
- Name of route:
- French Route
- 22,00 km
- Mode of transport
- 48,00. Horseback
- 48,00. Bicycle
- 24,00. Walking
- Main difficulties
- The uphill stretches of the route are more difficult.
- Flora, fauna and crops
- The local vegetation consists mainly of holly, thicket, chestnut and birch trees. Species of fauna include deer, partridge, wild boar, bears and wild horses; and the crops are wheat, potatoes, pulses and beet.
- Craft products
- Paintings, bedspreads, towels and hand-woven rugs.
- Gastronomic products, cakes and pastries
- The most typical local products are cheese with the Designation of Origin label, pork sausages and cured meats, roscones (pastries), filloas (Galician crêpes), honey, turnip greens, empanada (savoury filled pastry), buñuelos (a type of doughnut), and botillo (cured stuffed pork).
- Rest areas
- In Pedrafita, Val da Cabrita and Chao da Serra.