Promotur Turismo Canarias S.A.
Corpus Christi and Pilgrimage of San Isidro
- When?: To be confirmed 2019
- Where: Orotava, La
- More information : http://www.laorotava.es/es/turismo/descubre-la-orotava/fiestas
- Category: Festivity of National Tourist Interest
This festival dates from the 19th century. The most solemn act is the creation of carpets of natural flowers throughout the streets of the historic centre.
The Pilgrimage consists of a procession of believers who carry aloft the figures of the patron saints of the town, San Isidro and Santa María de la Cabeza, who are symbolically offered fruits and soils. The procession is formed by numerous agricultural carts and carriages which provide local colour, as well as large groups singing songs from popular folklore.
The town hall square is draped in a real artistic “tapestry” made with soils of different colours taken from the Cañadas del Teide, and in the middle of the square there is a silver throne for worship of the Holy Sacrament.
- Date: To be confirmed 2019
Schedules and prices
To be confirmed 2019
* Information may be subject to modifications