Food, Wine & Slow Camino Walking Tour of Northern Spain
Don’t miss this amazing opportunity and join on a fantastic small-group experience along with our bilingual co-founder who will accompany you during the trip.
This 14 Days / 13 Nights journey starting in Bilbao (Food Capital in 2019), will knock your socks off as we will start with a hands-on cooking class by a professional local chef. During this trip we will savor food at local restaurants but also at Michelin Starred Restaurants, we will visit some of the best wineries of each area, visit the vineyards, learn about the wine-making process and the Spanish DO’s and… of course, we will taste some of their best wines. DO Rioja, DO Ribeiro, DO Ribeira Sacra, DO Rias Baixas… and even DOC Vinho Verde in the north of Portugal.
But this tour is not only about wine and food, we will also try to keep ourselves active with some slow walks in nature, sometimes even following some routes of the Camino (Way of St.James). We will visit many places worth visiting like the Peaks of Europe, home of beautiful alpine landscapes. or the Lakes of Covadonga, composed of two glacial lakes which offer awe-inspiring views. Our English-speaking local guides will explain to you the history of the cities, its secrets, and the legends. We will also visit local fish markets, pick the ingredients for our dinner from an eco-garden with our chef, take a few boat rides, enjoy tapa tours or learn new local tricks at the cooking classes…
The hotels were hand-picked by our specialists who have more than 20 years of experience and they all offer some extra value, along with great comfort and with a wide variety of services.
Don’t hesitate and join our co-founder on this food & wine trip to the North of Spain.
- Join this tour to try the best food & wines of Northern Green Spain
- Enjoy a combination of: winery visits, walking trails, lunches, cities, culture...
- Price: €8,450 per person (including taxes)
- Activities available in the following languages: Spanish.English
Cangas de Onís (Asturias)
Santillana del Mar (Cantabria)
La Coruña (A Coruña)
Santiago de Compostela (A Coruña)
Bilbao (Vizcaya - Bizkaia)
Haro (La Rioja)
- Duration: 14 Day
- Date available from: 05/09/2020
- Date available to: 31/10/2021
- Additional information: - Bilbao (3 Nights): Hotel Miro 4* - Cangas de Onis (2 Nights): Parador de Cangas de Onis 4* - Ribadeo (1 Night): Parador de Ribadeo 4* - Vilalba (1 Night): Parador de Vilalba 4* - Santiago de Compostela (2 Nights): Hotel Monumento San Francisco 4* - As Neves (2 Nights): Nande Hotel da Natureza 4* - Vigo (2 Nights): Gran Hotel Nagari Boutique & Spa 5*
- Category of the activity: Gastronomy. Culture and traditions. Way of Saint James. Circuits and visits
- Who is it for?: LGBT. Senior. Adults without children. Families. Young people
- Organising company: EATour Specialist - Tailor made Tours to Spain
Information supplied by the provider
Horreos (Stone Granaries)
Days 1-3: Basque Country and Rioja Discover the Basque cuisine! Our welcome dinner in Bilbao will be hands-on pintxos cooking class with our local chef. What better way to get to know each other!
Days 7-8: Galicia - A Mariña Lucense & A Coruña Now moving west we continue along the picturesque Asturian coast, making our way into Galicia's Mariña Lucense...
Days 10-12: Galicia Wine Country - Ribeira Sacra, Ribeiro & Rias Baixas Moving away from Santiago today we travel down to a sacred wine country... D.O. Ribeira Sacra. The Romans first cultivated...
Days 4-6: Peaks of Europe - Cantabria & Asturias Continuing west across Cantabria stopping in Santillana del Mar, then heading deep into the Peaks of Europe. The dramatic mountains...
Days 9: Galicia - Santiago de Compostela Santiago de Compostela, the end of the ways of St. James and the historic capital of Galicia on the Atlantic North-western coast of Spain. Explore...
Days 13-14: Galicia - Coastal City of Vigo & O Morrazo Reaching the North-western coast of Galicia we make the urban coastal city of Vigo our base for the last few days exploring the Rias Baixas...
Other activities you may find interesting
€405 per person (including taxes)
Discover the Galician trail of the Camino de Santiago ... (+See more)
Santiago de Compostela, ...
€239 per person (including taxes)
A trip by bike and train along the Ojos Negros Greenway. ... (+See more)
€50 per person (including taxes)
From the meeting point you will head towards Jerez de ... (+See more)