Sky observation workshop in Sierra Nevada
Initiation workshop aimed at making participants fall in love with the thrilling world of astronomy. During approximately one hour and a half (1,5 to 2 hours) you will discover the main sky elements and learn how to understand them, while enjoying the wonderful Sierra Nevada winter sky.
During the first part, you will haveyour first contact with astronomy. You will learn basic terms, history and different types of observation equipment. Approximate duration: 15 minutes
Practical activity on orientation and the use of manual and digital planispheres. Approximate duration: 15 minutes
Observation with and without telescope. During the observation you will focus on the specific topic of that night. In addition, you will see different constellations while learning about their origin and their relation with nature and your own culture. Approximate duration: 1 hour
Light games. Darkness will be our best ally when taking the activity keepsake photo, which we will upload later to our social networks.
- Price: €35 per person (including taxes)
- Activities available in the following languages: Spanish.English
- Duration: 1 Hours, 30 Minutes
- Date available from: 31/03/2018
- Date available to: 30/04/2020
- Category of the activity: Nature. Ecotourism. Stargazing
- Who is it for?: Young people. Families. Adults without children. Senior. LGBT
- Organising company: SIERRA NEVADA, ESTACIÓN DE ESQUÍ Y MONTAÑA
Information supplied by the provider
Discovering the Sierra Nevada sky