THE LITERARY MADRID + ALCALÁ DE HENARES: A CONVERSATION WITH CERVANTES
“Enjoy a visit to the places that witnessed the creation of a great deal of literary talent.”
The history of this area in Madrid has been written by means of prose and poetry, the best dramas written during the Spanish Golden Age. Madrid’s idiosynchrasy blends the purest tradition with modernity.
Alcalá de Henares, declared World Heritage Site by UNESCO in 1998, offers a charming world where we can come across some of the literary characters made up by Cervantes’ imagination.
1. Meeting and introduction to the experience.
2. Walk through ‘Prado’ Street and stop at the ‘Ateneo’.
3. Stop at ‘Santa Ana’ Square and visit to the ‘Teatro Español’.
4. Walk through ‘Cervantes’ Street and stop at ‘Lope de Vega’ Museum.
5. Visit to the ‘Monasterio de las Trinitarias’ and ‘San Sebastián’ Church.
6. ‘Tapas’ time in taverns and wine bars in the area.
7. Lunch at a restaurant.
8. Trip to Alcalá de Henares.
9. Cervantes’ Birthplace House-Museum.
10. Interpretation Centre ‘Los Universos de Cervantes’.
11. Theologian School ‘Madre de Dios’.
12. Cervantes Square and Statue.
13. Residence Hall ‘San Idelfonso’ (University).
14. Printing House of ‘La Galatea’.
15. Antezana’s Hospital.
16. Calzonera’s House.
17. De la Imagen Convent.
18. Trip back to meeting point.
- Price: €80 per person (including taxes)
- Activities available in the following languages: Spanish
Alcalá de Henares (Madrid)
- Duration: 1 Day
- Date available from: 27/07/2016
- Date available to: 31/08/2019
- Additional information: This is an experience for groups. The price is calculated per person in groups of at least 20 pax.
- Category of the activity: Circuits and visits. In the city
- Who is it for?: LGBT. Senior. Adults without children. Young people
- Organising company: Heritagevip
Information supplied by the provider
"Santa Ana Square" in Madrid
"Cervantes Square" in Alcalá de Henares
Other activities you may find interesting
€15 per person (including taxes)
Come and discover the olive grove of Sierra Magina ... (+See more)