TREKKING PASS ARAN: Cross-border crossing of the Pyrenees
We present the Trekking Pass' Aran. A cross-border circular tour that covers more than 70km in 5 days. We will climb peaks of almost 3.000m and cross beautiful beech forests a little more than 900m high. Each day we will have the opportunity to stay in isolated shelters both in Spain and in France.
On both sides of the border we find majestic lakes, peaks with permanent snowfields and high mountain fauna. Undoubtedly, the perfect route to explore and get lost in this quiet corner of the Pyrenees.
We will begin our journey in the Valley of Aran, in the province of Lleida, but a large part of the route takes place in France.
Meeting in Vielha. Accommodation in the Valley.
PLA DE BERET - AMICS DE MONTGARRI HUT - ESTAGNOUS HUT (2.246 m).
Distance: 10Km. Elevation gain +1.250 m - 750 m. Time: 6-7h hours
ESTAGNOUS HUT (2.246 m) - LA MAISON DU VALIER (933 m).
Distance: 11Km. Elevation gain +300 m - 1.500 m. Time: 6 hours
LA MAISON DU VALIER (933 m) - GITE D’ETAPE D’EYLIE (1.000 m).
Distance: 17Km. Elevation gain +1.650 m - 1.600 m. Time: 8-10 hours
GITE D’ETAPE D’EYLIE (1.000 m) - ARAING HUT (1.965 m).
Distance: 9Km. Elevation gain +1.300 m - 311 m. Time: 5 hours
ARAING HUT (1.965 m) - AMICS DE MONTGARRI HUT - PLA DE BERET
Distance: 19Km. Elevation gain +890 m - 1.100 m. Time: 7-9 hours
- Price: €450 per person (including taxes)
- Activities available in the following languages: Spanish.English
Vielha e Mijaran (Lleida)
- Duration: 5 Day
- Date available from: 01/06/2018
- Date available to: 30/09/2019
- Additional information: LEVEL OBSERVATIONS You do not have to be a super athlete, but you must be used to walking in the mountains or exercising regularly. It does not present technical stages, but a good physical preparation is required to face the distances and the unevenness of each stage. INCLUDED IN THE PRICE • Professional Mountain guide. • 4 half-board nights (breakfast and dinner). • Kit Pass Aran (Official map, shirt, Buff, huts card, accident insurance.) • Trip management. NOT INCLUDED • Flights (Muntania offers this service for an additional cost of 15€). • Transfers to Vielha (please consult). • First night accommodation. • Drinks where not included in the dinner menus. • Any change due to unexpected incidents (weather, etc.) that inquire in higher expenses than the ones budgeted for the client and the guide.
- Category of the activity: Circuits and visits. The great outdoors. Sport and adventure. Adventure sports
- Who is it for?: Young people. Families. Adults without children. Senior. LGBT
- Organising company: Muntania Outdoors
Information supplied by the provider