The Puerto Cave is one of the longest horizontal caves in the Murcia region with about 5K of cavaties on an incline of 114 metres. The interior consists of galleries and rooms of great natural beauty.The cave offers different itineraries:The touristic visit is a 700 metre walk with lighting and acoustic accompaniment on an incline of 25-30 metres, during which you can observe the different rooms and galleries, formed out of speolotherms (drippings) which have made spectacular stalactites and stalacmites in a great variety of colours; tubiforms along the length of the cave; and the great rooms of karstic formations. We can enjoy the different rooms which have been imaginatively named: La Gaudi Room, one of the best examples and with a basement of bizarre but unequalled beauty; the Medusa Room (very large) which originated from a crack in the wall through which water flowed and which formed a disc under which statalites have formed in an adjoining chamber called the Chickpea Room; The Room with the Curtain; the Organ Room and the Wishing Well where great columns have formed as well as formations on the walls as a result of drips or spurts of water.
The potholing visit for lovers of strong emotions and excitement this is a trip through the less travelled areas of this natural wonder organised for small groups in the Gran Diaclasa, at a depth of 114 metres.
For guided visits to the Cave for both types of tours, contact the Tourist Office of Calasparra on 968 745 325 or through Qalat on 968 723 000.
- Price: €9 per person (including taxes)
- Activities available in the following languages: Spanish.English
- Duration: 10 Hours
- Date available from: 20/04/2016
- Date available to: 31/12/2019
- Additional information: 25 Dicember, 1January and 6 January
- Category of the activity: Circuits and visits. The great outdoors. Sport and adventure. Adventure sports
- Who is it for?: Young people. Families. Adults without children. Senior. LGBT
- Organising company: QALAT NATURALEZA Y AVENTURA
Information supplied by the provider
Room of the Ear
Other activities you may find interesting
€690 per person (including taxes)
Walking & Cycling the Camino. ... (+See more)