Alcoy, Modernist Route. (2h)
It´s time to visit an inner city surrounded by two Natural Parcs: Alcoy. City located
within the Province of Alicante was founded in the XIIIth century, but it was in the XIX century
during the industrial revolution when it flourished.
A special street called St. Nicolás has the main modernist buildings to be explored and
delighted. Through different modernist private houses such us: “The peakcook house” we will
enjoy and marvel this special style created by bourgeoisie to show the economical splendour of
their industrial families during the XIXth and XXth centuries. Other private buildings are located
close like: The Circulo Industrial and its modernist library: private Institution created in 1868
by the industrial bourgeoisie of Alcoy.
We will continue this modernist tour visiting some other special façades where for the
very first time in the Valencian history, two textile factories created a public square.
Our tour will finish visiting the Llotja de Saint George, a singular construction that
simulates the skeleton of a dragon designed by the famous architect and engineer Santiago
- Price: €10 per person (including taxes)
- Activities available in the following languages: Spanish.English
Alcoy (Alicante - Alacant)
- Duration: 2 Hours
- Date available from: 06/02/2016
- Date available to: 31/12/2020
- Additional information: ONLY SATURDAY MORNING FROM 11h to 13h.
- Category of the activity: Circuits and visits. In the city
- Who is it for?: LGBT. Senior. Adults without children. Families. Young people
- Organising company: Quality Tours Mariola
Information supplied by the provider
Other activities you may find interesting
€47 per person (including taxes)
The history of the province of Huelva is of clear ... (+See more)
Palos de la Frontera, ...