SIERRA DE IRTA FROM SOUTH/NORTH: The last unspoiled
This lineal itinerary goes from south to north of the Irta coastal mountain range, almost the last part of unspoiled coast on the Spanish Mediterranean shore. We will meet in the morning in Alcossebre, a small touristic town at the south of the Natural Park. We will cross ravines full of green Mediterranean flora which lead to the whitest and solitary coves we can visit in Castellón, and there we will stop for our lunch. We will discover millennial fossil dunes and the exclusive vegetation they are covered with. We will contemplate the highest cliffs in the Valencian Community and we will recall Berber pirates times while we watch Peníscola from the Badum tower.
In Peníscola, the City in the Sea, you will be able to stroll about its narrow alleys going up the Pope Luna fortress.
Meeting point: Cala Mundiana (north of Alcossebre, Alcalà de Xivert)
Aprox. duration: 6 h
Recomm. age: Children from 8
Distance: 14 Km
- Price: €23.75 per person (including taxes)
- Activities available in the following languages: Spanish.English.French
Alcalà de Xivert (Castellón - Castelló)
- Duration: 1 Day
- Date available from: 12/01/2018
- Date available to: 31/12/2020
- Additional information: 15% discount groups of 4/+ people.
- Category of the activity: Circuits and visits. The great outdoors. Nature. Hiking
- Who is it for?: Young people. Families. Adults without children. Senior. LGBT
- Organising company: ITINERANTUR -Rutas. Cultura. Natura.-
Information supplied by the provider
Sierra de Irta Natural Park
Interpretive hiking route.