The removal cork in Sierra de Espadán
We’ll be located in one of the very hearts of the immense Sierra de Espadán’s Natural Park. What makes this territory really special are its dense cork-tree forests, which thousands of years ago decided to live here because of the special geological and climatic characteristics. It's the authentic Mediterranean Jungle.
We’ll begin our journey investigating deeper into Mosquera’s valley, letting ourselves be guided by a vast and wild landscape to the eponymous farmhouse, the ancient cork production centre which corked wines and cavas in all Spain. And an expert will show us how to remove the cork from the cork-trees.
After a simple descent down to Almanzor’s ravine (who was this character? And what did him have to do with a monumental chestnut-tree?) and having learned almost everything about the past and present uses of this impressive forest, we will reach the ancient Moorish population of Almedíjar, famous for its mineral water sources, its organic cheeses made in the traditional manner (fermented with thistle’s flower) and its red wines, which are already achieving more and more fame each time. All this you’ll be able to taste before finishing the activity at lunchtime.
Meeting point: Almedíjar
Recomm. age: Kids from 6
Distance: 6 km
- Price: €26.75 per person (including taxes)
- Activities available in the following languages: Spanish.English.French
Almedíjar (Castellón - Castelló)
- Duration: 5 Hours
- Date available from: 12/01/2018
- Date available to: 31/12/2020
- Additional information: Kids younger than 8, FREE! 15% discount groups of 4/+ people. Next Scheduled route: Saturday, 9th of July.
- Category of the activity: Circuits and visits. The great outdoors. Nature. Agrotourism. Hiking
- Who is it for?: Young people. Families. Adults without children. Senior. LGBT
- Organising company: ITINERANTUR -Rutas. Cultura. Natura.-
Information supplied by the provider
Other activities you may find interesting
€60 per person (including taxes)
Habsburg is the name given to Madrid when the Habsburg ... (+See more)
€15 per person (including taxes)
Our activities bring us astronomical knowledge and ... (+See more)