The Route of the Caliphate. Walking from Cordova to Granada
Travelling on the route of the Caliphate is an experience that brings together two of the most emblematic cities of ancient al-Andalus: Cordova, home to the ruling Caliphs, philosophers, astronomers, mathematicians and doctors who illuminated the Middle Ages with knowledge, centuries ahead of the European Renaissance. And on the other and Granada, whose mighty kingdom cultivated the sciences above all and where formal refinement and architectural decoration reached levels unmatched in any society of its time. Travel to see these two cities, on a journey that combines culture, nature and anthropology, delighting the senses at every step.
“The Route of the Caliphate” is designated Major European Cultural Itinerary. The prestigious Foundation Legado Andalusí in co-operation with Otros Caminos has re-discovered this itinerary and developed it as a historical and cultural experience, connecting the cities of Cordova and Granada with their world cultural heritages: the stunning “Mezquita” in Cordova and the marvellous “Alhambra” in Granada.
The price includes 7 nights with breakfast, telephone assistance, luggage transport, taxi Alcalá-Moclín, taxi Tózar-Granada and travel documents.
The price does not include the entrance to the Alhambra
- Price: €530 per person (including taxes)
- Activities available in the following languages: Spanish.English.French.German
- Duration: 8 Day
- Date available from: 01/01/2018
- Date available to: 31/12/2019
- Category of the activity: Circuits and visits. The great outdoors. Nature. Ecotourism. Hiking
- Who is it for?: Young people. Adults without children. Senior. LGBT
- Organising company: Otros Caminos
Information supplied by the provider
ALCALÁ LA REAL