Journey through the history of the world heritage
DAY 1: A JOURNEY THROUGH HISTORY
Arrival at Toledo. Guided tour of the city. Free time for lunch. We cross the River Tagus and travel to Alcalá de Henares, the homeland of the writer Cervantes. Guided tour of this World Heritage town. Dinner and accommodation.
DAY 2: ALCALÁ-ÁVILA
We visit the fortress and the Roman aqueduct in Segovia. Free time to enjoy a dish of the city's famous suckling pig. In Ávila, the first thing we see are the city walls; we will walk along the allure and visit the cathedral. Dinner at the hotel restaurant.
DAY 3: ÁVILA-SALAMANCA
In Salamanca, we visit the Plaza Mayor, which is one of the most beautiful main squares in Spain, together with the University, the two cathedrals and the Casa de las Conchas (House of Shells). Free time for lunch. Free time to visit the city. Dinner at the hotel restaurant.
DAY 4: SALAMANCA-SANTIAGO
Zamora is home to a good number of Romanesque churches. We travel through Puebla de Sanabria on our way to Ourense and a visit to the cathedral. Free time for lunch and we continue our journey to Santiago de Compostela. Dinner and accommodation.
DAY 5: SANTIAGO DE COMPOSTELA
We will visit the cathedral and the surrounding plazas accompanied by a local guide. We will also visit Colegio de Fonseca (university residence), the Palace of Raxoi, the Hostal de los Reyes Católicos and the busy market. Free time for lunch and to visit other places in the city. Dinner at a popular local restaurant.
DAY 6: END OF ROUTE
After breakfast, end of route.
- Price: €711 per person (including taxes)
- Activities available in the following languages: Spanish.English
Santiago de Compostela (A Coruña)
Alcalá de Henares (Madrid)
- Duration: 5 Day
- Date available from: 15/10/2014
- Date available to: 31/03/2020
- Additional information: SERVICES INCLUDED: - 5 nights at three- or four-star city-centre hotels with buffet breakfast in Alcalá de Henares (1 night), Ávila (1 night), Salamanca (1 night) and Santiago (2 nights). - 05 dinners (wine and coffee included) - Spanish- or English-speaking guide throughout the route. - Guided tours in Toledo, Alcalá de Henares, Segovia, Ávila, Zamora, Ourense and Santiago. -Transfer by coach from Madrid to Santiago. -Tickets as required. -Travel insurance.
- Category of the activity: Circuits and visits. In the city
- Who is it for?: Young people. Families. Adults without children. Senior. LGBT
- Organising company: TEE TRAVEL
Information supplied by the provider
The Cathedral of Santiago de Compostela
Other activities you may find interesting
€5 per person (including taxes)
ANOTHER ASPECT OF THE OUTSTANDING CULTURAL VALUES OF ... (+See more)