Looking for the Spanish Moon Moth
Night excursion through the interior of the forest where the most beautiful of the European butterflies was discovered, the "Spanish Moon Moth", a unique species in the world, is related to the Moon butterflies of North America. Its discovery took place in the mid-nineteenth century, by the Spanish scientist Mariano de la Paz Graells, marked a milestone in the history of science in Spain.
We will visit the same places that Graells visited when he discovered it, and we will try to locate some specimens with the help of light bulbs and light traps. An encounter with the Spanish Moon Moth is a magical encounter with an authentic living fossil.
It includes the services of mountain guide and biologist interpreter of nature, accident insurance and VAT. Does not include the transfer of participants to the meeting point of the activity.
- Preis: 25€ pro Person (einschl. Steuern)
- Aktivitäten in folgenden Sprachen verfügbar: Spanisch.Englisch
San Lorenzo de El Escorial (Madrid)
- Dauer: 6 Stunden
- Datum verfügbar ab: 23/11/2018
- Datum verfügbar bis: 31/12/2019
- Weitere Informationen: Several departures will be scheduled between the months of May and June.
- Kategorie des Aktivitäten: Natur. Beobachtung von Flora und Fauna
- Für wen?: LGBT. Senior. Adults without children. Families. Young people
- Veranstalter: GRAELLSIA ECOTURISMO
Vom Anbieter bereitgestellte Information