Mount Peñagolosa: a stone giant under the moonlight
At 11.30 pm this adventure will start from the hermitage of San Juan, at the very feet of our most iconic mountain, a landmark for all of us since time immemorial.
After a salute to the magic night, we’ll start walking. The first stretch of the path will make us warm up our legs. Although we'll walk through a dense wood, if the sky is clear we won’t need any light support: the full moon will shed its brilliant light on us. About an hour after starting the march we will stop to learn what is hidden in the night shadows, and also give us time to regain strength to face the climbing up to the peak. Up there, 1814 meters high, we will get our sleeping bags, rugs and a bottle of local spirit liquor out of our backpacks, and calmly spend the hours still left to the dawn.
In the morning, the views you'll enjoy from there, watching the sun rise over the distant horizon, cannot be explained in words. Then, we will quietly have our succulent local products breakfast. On our way down through Pegunta’s ravine we’ll make several stops explaining why this forest, which could well belong to another era or continent, is such a place so rich in biodiversity and how humans have sustainably taken advantage of its natural resources.
No doubt: an unforgettable experience!
Meeting point: Hermitage of San Juan (Vistabella del Maestrazgo)
Recomm. age: Kids from 10.
Distance: 11,5 km
- Preis: 33,75€ pro Person (einschl. Steuern)
- Aktivitäten in folgenden Sprachen verfügbar: Spanisch.Englisch.Französisch
Vistabella del Maestrazgo (Castellón - Castelló)
- Dauer: 2 Tage
- Datum verfügbar ab: 12/01/2018
- Datum verfügbar bis: 31/12/2020
- Weitere Informationen: 15% discount groups of 4/+ people. Next Scheduled route: Friday 19 & Saturday 20 of August For more info: http://www.itinerantur.com/ruta-24-eng.html ------email@example.com
- Kategorie des Aktivitäten: Routen und Besichtigungen. Natur. Natur. Sternbeobachtung . Wandern
- Für wen?: Young people. Families. Adults without children. Senior. LGBT
- Veranstalter: ITINERANTUR -Rutas. Cultura. Natura.-
Vom Anbieter bereitgestellte Information