Birding tour in Doñana
Doñana is one of the best known birding place in the world. This stunning National and Natural Park (108086 ha) holds an incredible variety of wildlife. Its privileged location close to Africa, and between the Mediterranean Sea and the Atlantic Ocean, makes Doñana an excellent birding area where over 300 species can be observed through the year.
Day 1. Doñana (Northern Area). We will get to the Northern Doñana area driving through farmland. There is a long way to the visitor centre of Valverde but it is worth it, especially in the wet season. Then we will go to the “Dehesa” where several species of waterfowl can be spotted, including Marbled and White-headed Ducks. Some of the target resident birds are Glossy Ibis, Spoonbill, Red-knobbed Coot, Red-crested Pochard, Little and Cattle Egret, Night and Squacco Heron and thousands of Flamingos.
In the surrounding, we will look out for Hoopoe, Stone Curlew, Spanish Sparrow, Lesser Short-toed Lark and Pin-tailed Sandgrouse. In summer, the arrival of Short-toed Lark, Purple and Night Heron, Gull-billed Tern, Short-toed Eagle, Black Tern, the beautiful Roller, Western Olivaceous Warbler and the rare Rufous Bush Robin makes even more interesting this bird watching tour.
Day 2. Doñana (Southern Area). Some of the summer residents we will look for are: Savi’s Warbler, Bee-eater, Booted Eagle, Whiskered Tern and Subalpine Warbler. You may also catch a glimpse of the rare Spanish Imperial Eagle and White-headed Duck. In winter, the area is teeming with life, thousands of waders and wildfowl visit Doñana.
Day 3. Odiel Marshes. In winter, the area is occupied by a large number of waders, Osprey, Audouin’s Gull, Sandwich and Caspian Tern, and passerines like the Bluethroat. In summer Montagu’s Harrier, Bee-eater, Little Bittern, Little Tern, Collared Pratincole and Red-rumped Swallow use Odiel Marshes to breed.
- Preis: 500€ pro Person (einschl. Steuern)
- Aktivitäten in folgenden Sprachen verfügbar: Spanisch.Englisch
Punta Umbría (Huelva)
- Dauer: 3 Tage
- Datum verfügbar ab: 10/08/2017
- Datum verfügbar bis: 30/11/2023
- Weitere Informationen: Cost 55 €/person/day. Min 3 people and max 8 people. This itinerary can be combined with Odiel marshes
- Kategorie des Aktivitäten: Routen und Besichtigungen. Natur. Natur. Ökotourismus. Beobachtung von Flora und Fauna
- Für wen?: Young people. Families. Adults without children. Senior. LGBT
- Veranstalter: Birdwatching Spain
Vom Anbieter bereitgestellte Information