Arqva guided tour - Cartagena town of treasures
The National Museum ARQVA has a new permanent exhibition: THE OCEANIC NAVIGATION based on "The Treasure of the Frigate Ntra. Sra. de las Mercedes".
"Ntra. Sra. de las Mecedes" was a Spanish war frigate that was shipwrecked in the Peninsula Coast in the early 19th century because of an English attacked.
On 9th August 1804 this frigate set sail from Uruguay to Cádiz forming part of an official Spanish navy fleet with other 3 frigates "Fama", "Medea" and "Santa Clara".
The frigates mission was to move from the Americas to the Spanish Peninsula public funds.
On 5th October frigates saw Santa María (Cádiz) headland; 4 English ships intercepted 4 Spanish frigates wanting to captur them. Considering the enemy advance the English navy fired upon and "La Mercedes" explosioned and sinked. The other 3 frigates were captured and moved to Plymouth port.
- Preis: 8€ pro Person (einschl. Steuern)
- Aktivitäten in folgenden Sprachen verfügbar: Spanisch.Englisch
- Dauer: 4 Stunden
- Datum verfügbar ab: 10/06/2014
- Datum verfügbar bis: 31/12/2019
- Weitere Informationen: This visit is available all days in a year, except when museums are closed. Ask the company before booking to comfirm the date of the visit.
- Kategorie des Aktivitäten: Routen und Besichtigungen. Städte
- Für wen?: Young people. Families. Adults without children. Senior. LGBT
- Veranstalter: Turismo & Eventos - Iniciativas el Gigante
Vom Anbieter bereitgestellte Information