Northern Route stage 24: Avilés - Soto de Luiña
Puerto de Cudillero
Denne etape passerer...
Avilés - Piedras Blancas - Ventaniella (Santiago del Monte) - Soto del Barco - San Juan de la Arena - El Castiello - Soto - Era - Muros del Nalón - El Pito - Balandres - El Manto - Las Dueñas - Rellayo - El Ribete - La Cebedal - Campo Cima - Soto de Luiña
- Rute tilhørende:
- The Way of Saint James
- Turens navn:
- Northern Route
- 27,90 Km
- 7,00. Bicycle
- Største forhindringer
- The route out of Avilés is on the road to Coto Carcedo towards San Cristóbal. This is reached along the Avenida de Alemania, near the Parque del Muelle Park. Between Muros de Nalón and El Pito there is an unsignposted crossroads with two alternative routes. The stage continues towards the left, despite the fallen trees across the path which make it difficult to pass. There are no pilgrims' hostels on the route throughout this stage. There is accommodation in Muros de Nalón and in El Pito.
- Flora, fauna og opdyrkede afgrøder
- The main fauna comprises wild boar, foxes, squirrels, badgers, and a variety of marine birds, including the European shag. There is abundant salmon and trout. The flora includes herbaceous communities and different types of scrub, birch, oak and alder groves.
- Pottery, jewellery, gold and silverwork, musical string instruments and lutes, stone and marble.
- Gastronomi og desserter
- Highlights of the local cusine in Avilés are hake, peppers stuffed with pigs' trotters, Easter confectionery and cheese from La Peral; in Castrillón, the fish and shellfish stew and the tuna roll; in Soto del Barco and Muros del Nalón, the eels and fish stew; and in Cudillero, the curadillo (dried fish), sardines, sea bass with vegetables, butterflied sea bream, and for dessert, turrón de tabique and pixuetinos (typical local confectionery).