Turrón almond nougat
Hvor i Spanien er det typisk?
- Selvstyrende region: Catalonia
Made and eaten above all at Christmas, and to a lesser extent for the rest of the year, Agramunt turrón is one of the best-known traditional sweets from Catalonia as it has been made by craftsmen in the Lleida town of Agramunt at least since the 17th century.
Agramunt turrón is made with a careful mixture of honey, sugar, egg white and toasted hazelnuts or almonds. The resulting paste is used to fill the space between two round or square sheets of wafer. It is presented both in individual bars of different sizes and weights and in packets of ten bars.
Oplysninger om produkt
- Type produkt: Others
- Sæson: Although greatest consumption is at Christmas, it has traditionally been created all year round.
- Oprindelse: The production area is the county of Urgell, in the village of Agramunt, in the west of the province of Lleida.
- Anbefalede drikkevarer: Sweet wines
- Slags: The quality of the turrón may be:
- Extra category: If it has a minimum of 46% fruit
- Supreme Category: If the minimum reaches 60%.
- Energy: Average
- Cholesterol: 0
- Bemærkninger: Rich in carbohydrates, calcium and fibre