San Isidro Chapel in San Andrés Church
Plaza de San Andrés 1
28005 Madrid (Madrid Region)
The chapel is the only thing that remains of the church of San Andrés burnt in 1936. Built in the 17th century by the architect José de Villarreal to house the remains of San Isidro. Brick is the most widely used material, the corners are reinforced with stone columns, crowned with an entablature decorated with brackets.Outside there is a cupola, supported on an octagonal tambour, made of brick, decorated with vaulted niches that house the statues of the twelve Apostles and Four Evangelists.Recently restored by the architect Javier Vallés.
- Bygning: Chapel
- Stilperiode: Baroque
- Historisk periode: 17th century
- Omgivelser: Capilla del Obispo (Chapel of the Bishop).
Fra Mandag til LørdagFra 09:00 til 13:00 Fra 18:00 til 20:00
Helligdage og SøndagFra 10:00 til 13:00
- Gratis entré