Penitents during Easter in Almería
Procession in Almería
- Hvornår: Fra 05-04-2019 til 12-04-2019
- Hvor?: Almería
- Flere oplysninger: http://www.andalucia.org/es/semana-santa/semana-santa-en-almeria/
- Kategori: Festivity of National Tourist Interest
Over 20 lay brotherhoods take part in the traditional Easter processions of this Andalusian city, commemorating the Passion, death and resurrection of Christ.
More than 15,000 lay brothers and sisters transform the city from the day before Palm Sunday, known as Passion Saturday, to Easter Sunday. Almería becomes a solemn and moving scene as the processions carry or push their "pasos", processional sculptures which are works of art as well as religious images, and the "saeteros" sing their flamenco-tinged couplets. There are several particularly interesting moments during this event. For example, the night-time Stations of the Cross of the Hermandad Juvenil del Santo Cristo del Perdón, or the famous “Meeting” which takes place every Easter Thursday when the processions of María Santísima de la Amargura and Jesús Nazareno meet on Plaza Emilio Pérez.
- Dato: Fra 05-04-2019 til 12-04-2019
Åbningstider og priser
- Fra 05-04-2019 til 12-04-2019
* Disse oplysninger kan ændres uden forudgående varsel