Exhibition: Laurent’s Spain (1856-1886). A photographic journey through history
Interior of the Great Mosque of Cordoba, by Jean Laurent. IPCE Photo Archive
Provisional government of 1868. Photograph by J. Laurent. Museum of Romanticism.
J. Laurent, Lleida. 1942. Peasants of the province. Album of Spain. Albumen print from a wet collodion negative. IPCE Photo Archive.
- Hvornår: Fra 20-12-2018 til 31-03-2019
- Hvor?: San Fernando Royal Academy of Fine Arts Museum
- Flere oplysninger: http://www.realacademiabellasartessanfernando.com/es/museo
- Aktivitet: Exhibition
- Tema: Photography
Over 200 photographs transport us to Spain in the second half of the 19th century, seen through the lens of the pioneer of European photography, Jean Laurent.
The temporary exhibition room of the Real Academia de Bellas Artes de San Fernando hosts the most complete exhibition to date of photographs by Laurent, a leading figure of the time whose images combined artistic quality with commercial potential. The French photographer recorded his visit to Spain in the second half of the 19th century, when the country was poised between tradition and modernity. This is an extraordinary album, portraying the culture, society, monuments and landscapes of the time, in a wide range of formats and subjects.Reproductions of works of art, views of cities, collections of monuments, series representing the common people, the world of theatre, reportages on the construction of infrastructure… The photographs of Laurent provide a detailed and profuse record of Spanish cultural heritage in the second half of the 19th century.
- Dato: Fra 20-12-2018 til 31-03-2019
Calle Alcalá, 13
28014. Madrid (Madrid Region)
Tlf. +34 915240864
Åbningstider og priser
- Fra 20-12-2018 til 31-03-2019
- Fra Tirsdag til Lørdag Fra 10:00 til 14:00 Fra 17:00 til 20:00
- Søndag Fra 10:00 til 15:00
- Gratis entré
* Disse oplysninger kan ændres uden forudgående varsel
Vis på kort
HVAD SKAL DU LAVE I SPANIEN? BESTIL DIN AKTIVITET HER
- Enjoy a full day tour of Toledo the City of the three ...(+Se mere)