Mirador de Colom
Did you know that Christopher Columbus chose to disembark in Barcelona harbour when he returned from his voyage to America?. To commemorate the event, we suggest you visit the Monument dedicated to this illustrious figure. You'll be able to admire the sculptural ensemble around the base of the magnificent Corinthian-style iron column which has a lift inside that takes you all the way up to the viewing gallery at the top.
When you get to the top, you'll be able to enjoy stunning 360º views. For instance, to the north, you'll see the Gothic Quarter with the bell towers of the cathedral, Santa Maria del Mar and La Mercè or the bustling Rambla. To the south, you'll see Mount Montjuïc, with the castle at the top. Montjuïc is also the site of museums, gardens, theatres and the Olympic Ring. If you look down, you'll see the Royal Shipyards, the Drassanes, which are home to the Museu Marítim.
If you look east and follow the coastline, you'll be able to make out the modern Forum area with its characteristic photovoltaic roof and skyscrapers. Closer to you, the twin towers mark the entrance to the Olympic Marina. At your feet you'll see the old harbour, the Port Vell, and the industrial port. Finally, to the west, you'll see the Parc Natural de Collserola, the vast green "lung" that surrounds the city, with the Collserola Tower and Tibidabo Amusement Park at the top.
What does your booking include?:
- Admission to the Columbus Monument.
- Price: €5.1 per person (including taxes)
- Activities available in the following languages: Spanish.English
- Duration: 1 Day
- Date available from: 07/07/2017
- Date available to: 31/12/2030
- Category of the activity: Circuits and visits. In the city
- Who is it for?: Senior. Adults without children. Families. Young people
- Organising company: Turisme de Barcelona
Information oplyst af leverandøren