Example of the Andalusian Renaissance
The cathedral is home the Holy Veil, which according to tradition was used by Saint Veronica to wash Christ’s face.
The cathedral is dedicated to the Assumption of the Virgin and was built on the site of the old mosque in the time of Ferdinand III the Saint. However in the 15th century, the Gothic shrine was built to hold the Holy Veil or Sudarium, which became the object of pilgrimages to the site. The church was refurbished by Andrés de Vandelvira in the 16th century, when it assumed a marked Renaissance style. It has been declared a Historic-Artistic Monument. The Baroque façade is the work of Eufrasio López de Rojas. On the inside there are 17 chapels, of which the largest was decorated by Juan de Aranda in the 17th century.
- 建筑: Cathedral
- 艺术时期: Renaissance
- 历史时期: 18th century, 16th century
- 周边环境: Fuente Nueva, Condestable Palace, parish church of San Bartolomé.
- 从 周一 到 周五 从 10:00 到 14:00 从 16:00 到 20:00
- 周六 从 10:00 到 14:00 从 16:00 到 19:00
- 节假日 和 周日 从 10:00 到 12:00 从 16:00 到 18:00
- 普通票: 5€
- 退休者: 2€
- 儿童: 1,50€
- 团体: 3€