Tarragona Cathedral Experience - Complete Guided Visit
Discover the largest Cathedral in Catalonia, one of the jewels of Tarragona – UNESCO World Heritage city.
A journey through two thousand years of history, art, culture and architecture.
The Cathedral of Santa Maria de Tarragona, situated in the highest point of Tarragona, is one of Spain's oldest and main cathedrals –Metropolitan and Primatial, consecrated on 4th of July 1331 and declared a National Monument in April 1905. Built over the ruins of the ancient Roman temple of Augustus and dedicated to St. Thecla, the patron saint of the city, it is one of the most emblematic visits of Costa Dorada, and a symbol of Tarragona city
Complete guided tour includes a visit of The Tarragona Cathedral, Cloister and the Diocesan Museum, the ancient roman walls (Temenos) and the bell tower. Approximate duration: 1 hour and 30 minutes.
Don't miss the chance to admire this spectacular 14th-century monumental site, which combines a predominance of Romanesque and Gothic styles to create a space which is original and unique throughout the world. An experience recommended for youth, adults, students and seniors.
Accessibility: The Cathedral, Cloister and Diocesan Museum is accessible for persons with special needs.
The entrance fees contribute to the maintenance, conservation and restoration of The Cathedral of Santa Maria de Tarragona.
- Price: €15 per person (including taxes)
- Activities available in the following languages: Spanish.English.French.German.Italian
- Duration: 1 Hours, 30 Minutes
- Date available from: 29/01/2016
- Date available to: 31/01/2019
- Additional information: Opening hours The Tarragona Cathedral is open to public throughout the year, from Monday to Saturday. The complex is closed to the public for the tourist visits on Religious holidays and Sundays (Sundays are opened in the afternoons from middle June to middle September).
- Category of the activity: Circuits and visits. In the city
- Who is it for?: Young people. Families. Adults without children. Senior. LGBT
- Organising company: DNA Expertus
Central Nave of the Cathedral
Views from the roof of the Cathedral
Cathedral choir stalls
Altarpiece of Santa Tecla