Picón Bejes - Tresviso Cheese
Från vilket område i Spanien är det typiskt?
- Autonom region:
Delicious handcrafted blue cheese from the Liébana region.
Included in the family of the blue cheeses, Picón Bejés-Tresviso is a handcrafted cheese from the Liébana region, at the foot of the Picos de Europa mountains (Cantabria), made with a mixture of cow's, sheep's and goat's milk. Its flavour is sharp, spicy, buttery, with a great deal of personality, and its appearance is oily, yellowish-white in colour, with numerous bluish-green streaks produced by the 'penicillium' mould. It is aged for three or four months inside of natural limestone caves, which are abundant in the region. Its Denomination of Origin has existed since 1994.
Information om produkten
- Typ av produkt:
- Although it is produced year-round, production is greatest in the spring and summer months.
- The Liébana region, which comprises the towns of Potes, Cabezón de Liébana, Camaleño, Pesaguero, Castro Cillorigo, Tresviso, Vega de Liébana and the Peñarrubia Town Hall, is in the Autonomous Region of Cantabria, in the north of the Iberian Peninsula.
- Rekommenderad dryck:
- It goes perfectly with a young fruity white wine, non-crianza red wine, dessert wine, such as muscatel, or malvasia.
- Sirloin with Tresviso cheese
Information om näringsvärdet
- Rich in lipides and calcium.