Från vilket område i Spanien är det typiskt?
- Autonom region:
- La Rioja
Pochas beans take their name from the dull colour of the pod when they are harvested.
It is actually a type of white bean that is consumed before it is ripe. In fact, the bean, phaseolus vulgaris l., goes from green in colour during the growing phase to a whitish colour when ripe. Pochas beans are grown on family farms and are sown around the month of March. They are usually eaten in stews and are one of the typical dishes in Spanish gastronomy.
Information om produkten
- Typ av produkt:
- During the autumn months, although, if preserved, they may be consumed year-round.
- Pochas beans are produced primarily in two Autonomous Regions: La Rioja and Navarre.
- Stewed white beans
- On the farms of both La Rioja and Navarre, there are two varieties of pochas:
- As its name indicates, in the shape of a kidney with tough skin
- Rounded in shape with a very thin skin. Starchy and better performing than the 'arriñonada'.
Information om näringsvärdet
- Rich in carbohydrates and calcium.