Från vilket område i Spanien är det typiskt?
- Autonom region: Galicia
The 'Galician potato' Specific Designation covers potatoes grown according to traditional cultivation practices in the region of Galicia. Its compact texture, creaminess and clean, very natural flavour, make it an excellent quality product.
Galician potatoes can be recognised by their oval or rounded shape, without marked deformations and with very superficial eyes. Its skin is very fine, with a smooth appearance and light yellow colour. It is an excellent quality potato maintaining all its qualities of colour, aroma and flavour, even after it is cooked. After cooking it maintains a firm, creamy texture.
Information om produkten
- Typ av produkt: Vegetables
- Säsong: It may be drunk all year round.
- Ursprung: The production area includes three Galician counties which, by tradition and through careful cultivation, are recognised as genuine producers: Bergantiños (A Coruña), A Limia (Orense) and Villalba (Lugo), which cover a total of 23 municipalities.
- Rekommenderad dryck: It depends on culinary preparation.
- Var kan den köpas: Galician potatoes can be bought in most specialised shops and supermarkets in Galicia and in selected ones throughout the rest of Spain.
- Recept: Potatoes 'a la importancia'
- Utbud: The only protected variety is Kennebeck, with a light yellow skin and white flesh, of great culinary and nutritional value.
Information om näringsvärdet
- Energy: Low
- Cholesterol: 0
- Anmärkningar: Rich in carbohydrates.