Loquats from Callosa d'En Sarrià
Från vilket område i Spanien är det typiskt?
- Autonom region:
Originally from Japan and used for ornamental purposes in southeast Asia, this fruit arrived in Spain at the hands of the merchant seamen who arrived on the east coast.
Loquats from Callosa d'En Sarrià has a characteristic yellow or slightly orangey colour, a sweet or slightly acid flavour and a yellowish or whitish pulp. It has a shiny, compact texture with a tough skin. Since 1992, those grown in the county of Baixa Marina have come under the Designation of Origin of Callosa d'En Sarrià. Loquats are eaten fresh or preserved, either in syrup or jams, juices, liqueurs etc. They may also form part of garnishes for meat, sweet desserts and ice-creams.
Information om produkten
- Typ av produkt:
- From the beginning of April to the end of June.
- The area of cultivation is centred on the county of Baixa Marina, in the northeast of the province of Alicante, covering municipalities like Callosa d'En Sarrià, Altea and Villajoyosa, among others
- Rekommenderad dryck:
- In desserts, tarts or fresh, it is a delicious fruit which is always excellent accompanied by a sparkling or sweet wine.
- The varieties included in this Designation of Origin are: 'Algar or Agerie' and 'Nadal'.
Information om näringsvärdet
- Rich in fibre and sugars.