Från vilket område i Spanien är det typiskt?
- Autonom region: Cantabria
Because its flesh is fine and exquisite, it is one of the most highly prized fish on the market. It is the central ingredient in many of our recipes.
There are many species of hake in the oceans and seas of the world. In Spain, the common European hake is caught. It is slender and can measure up to 1.8 metres long, although it rarely measures over 100 cm, and weighs up to 11 kg. Its body is long, its head is wide and it has an enormous mouth. The back of the fish is black, grey or brown and the belly is white or silver. The fishermen from the provinces on the Bay of Biscay, especially the Basques, introduced this food to the Spanish gastronomy. As with cod, it was initially fished by harpooners from the north of the country in conjunction with whale hunts. It is not difficult to find this fish on the market.
Information om produkten
- Typ av produkt: Fish
- Säsong: Year-round.
- Ursprung: It is fished in Spain in the shoals of the Atlantic Ocean and the Mediterranean Sea.
- Rekommenderad dryck: White wines.
- Var kan den köpas: Hake is available in must fish markets in Spain. It is consumed throughout the entire peninsula since it is sold at most supermarkets and large stores.
- Recept: Fish soup
- Utbud: The varieties of hake are notable. Nonetheless, in Spain, the species that is caught is the common European hake. There are also younger specimens on the market that are known as 'pescadilla' and 'carioca'.
Information om näringsvärdet
- Energy: Low
- Cholesterol: Low
- Anmärkningar: Rich in Phosphorus.