Chorizo from Potes
Från vilket område i Spanien är det typiskt?
- Autonom region: Cantabria
It stands out for the characteristic smoky taste due to the use of oak wood during the 25-day production process that combines ventilation with smoking.
The origins of this spicy sausage are quite old. There is documentation of the Roman praises of this product. The ingredients used to make it are lean pork, pork fat, salt, pepper, paprika, garlic. oregano and thyme. Of note in the production process is that it is cured in a natural environment and it is smoked with oak wood for 25 days, which gives it a characteristic and rich flavour. It is presented in a horseshoe shape ('sarta'), each unit tied to another with a single string. It may be consumed naturally, fried or in stews.
Information om produkten
- Typ av produkt: Meat
- Säsong: Year-round.
- Ursprung: The production area is the town and township of Potes, Cantabria.
- Rekommenderad dryck: Chorizo from Potes is delicious with fresh non-crianza red wines.
- Recept: Mountain stew (pork, beans and potatoes)
Information om näringsvärdet
- Energy: High
- Cholesterol: High
- Anmärkningar: Rich in lipides.