Från vilket område i Spanien är det typiskt?
- Autonom region: Castile-Leon
Lamb is the offspring of sheep; its meat is considered one of the most tender and delicious meats.
There are different types of lamb, depending on their age when they are slaughtered and, of course, their breed, since it is not all limited to the classic distinction between Churras and Merina sheep. All of them have in common the youth of the animal and an initial lactation period. In addition to this distinction there is another, more at the butchering stage, which classifies the lambs as suckling lambs, with tender meat, which have been fed mostly milk, and paschal lambs, which are around three months of age and have eaten grass and feed. Of all of these, the most commonly consumed in our country is the Suckling Lamb, especially in Castile-Leon and Aragon. Roast suckling lamb and stuffed lamb are two of the delicious recipes offered in these regions.
Information om produkten
- Typ av produkt: Meat
- Säsong: It may be consumed year-round, but especially in spring and the Christmas season.
- Ursprung: The production area for Lamb covers nearly all of the peninsula, but it is especially concentrated in the central zone.
- Rekommenderad dryck: Crianza and non-crianza red wine.
- Var kan den köpas: Lamb is available in the butcher's shops and specialised shops in the production area on the peninsula.
- Recept: Roast lamb cutlets with vine shoots
- Utbud: There are two main varieties of Lamb, regardless of the breed of sheep:
- LECHAL (SUCKLING LAMB): Also called 'Lechazo', this is a 1-month-old lamb intended for the slaughterhouse before weaning, weighing about 10 kilos. Its meat is white and tasty. It is common in the central regions of Spain. The 'Ternasco', an older suckling lamb, is very popular and typical of Aragón, Catalonia and Levante.
- PASCUAL (PASCHAL LAMB): Also called 'Pastenco'. Born at Christmas time, from where it gets its name, it is intended for slaughter at the age of 3 months, weighing about 30 kilos. Sometimes it is weaned in pasture, which is where the name Pastenco comes from.
Information om näringsvärdet
- Energy: High
- Cholesterol: High
- Anmärkningar: Rich in proteins, vitamins and minerals.