Les Garrigues olive oil
Från vilket område i Spanien är det typiskt?
- Autonom region: Catalonia
The olive plantations in the county of Les Garrigues, in Lleida, date from the last century. The extra quality virgin olive oils produced there are covered by the Designation of Origin.
This is Extra Virgin Olive Oil obtained from olives of the Arbequina (main) and Verdiell varieties. The Arbequina owes its origin and name to the village of Arbequa (Lleida). The oil is produced in the south-eastern part of the province of Lleida, where a total of approximately 36,000 hectares of olive trees are grown for this oil, covered by the Designation of Origin. The irregular relief of this olive growing area means they have to be placed on terraces. Harvesting uses the manual "milking" method directly from the tree. In this way, the aroma and flavour of the oil is not affected.
Information om produkten
- Typ av produkt: Others
- Säsong: All year round.
- Ursprung: The Designation of Origin covers the area occupied by the olive groves belonging to the county of Les Garrigues and some neighbouring municipalities in the counties of La Segarra and Meridional. The county of Les Garrigues includes 22 municipalities, El Segriá, 11, and the county of L´Urgell, 9.
- Utbud: Depending on the way of harvesting the olives, there are two types of oil:
- Fruity: From the early harvest, greenish colour with body and bitter almond flavour.
- Sweet: From the later harvest, yellow in colour, fluid and with a sweeter flavour.
- Anmärkningar: Rich in lipids and vitamin E.