Church of San Pablo in Zaragoza
The most valuable testament of the Mudéjar style in Zaragoza
It was built to replace the old Romanesque shrine of San Blas. The church has a single nave with chapels between the buttresses and a five-sided sanctuary. The cathedral interior is covered with ogive and pointed barrel-vaulted ceilings. The side naves were added in the 15th century and the chapels were opened in the 16th, 17th and 18th centuries. One of the highlights of this monument is both the exterior and interior of its magnificent octagonal brick tower. Other elements of note include the north façade in the Gothic style, and the main altarpiece in gilded and polychrome wood made by the Renaissance sculptor Damián Forment in 1515, and featuring the image of Saint Paul. This is a prime example of the Mudéjar architecture of Aragon, and has been awarded the World Heritage designation by the UNESCO.
- Byggnad: Church
- Konsthistorisk period: Mudejar
Från 10:00 till 13:00 Från 18:00 till 19:00
- Ordinarie: 2€