Castillo de Sádaba
In the middle of the plain of the Cinco Villas region stands the imposing and solid shape of the mediaeval castle of Sádaba, like an image from a bygone era.
The first surprise in this castle is the breadth and height of its walled enclosure. The walls describe a rectangle measuring 38 × 30 metres, and surround an area of more than 1000 m2. They are high and uniformly built, and recall Cistercian art. There are seven towers –also rectangular– around the perimeter; the four at the corners are topped with battlements. Of particular interest is the Torre del Rey tower, which has the access doorway to the enclosure in its lower part. Its thick and solid walls are built with top-quality stone blocks which have been perfectly prepared and aligned. The impression of solidity is heightened by the lack of windows and openings. Highlights of the interior include particularly the chapel (which belong to the Order of Malta) and the water cistern.
- Byggnad: Castle
- Konsthistorisk period: Romanesque
- Från Fredag till Lördag Från 11:00 till 13:00 Från 16:00 till 18:00
- Söndag Från 11:00 till 13:00 Från 16:00 till 17:30
- Ordinarie: 2€
- Reducerat: 1,50€ De 12 a 18 años
- Fritt inträde Menores de 12 años
- Grupper: De más de 25 personas: 25% de descuento