A lovely fortress in Toledo.
This is a magnificent example of the fortresses of the 15th century, influenced by Italian styles, in the Toledo region.
It was built in the 15th century by the Count of Fuensalida and lord of Cedillo, Pedro López de Ayala. It was abandoned in the 18th century and later, in 1887, it was restored by the Count of Asalto. It suffered sackings during the Civil War. The square plan measures 30 by 40 metres. There is a moat that, in times gone by, was crossed by a drawbridge, modified by the bastions and defences attached to its corners and curtains.
- Konsthistorisk period:
- Historisk period:
- Siglo XV
- Hermitage of San Antón, Hermitage of Our Lady of the Nativity, Pillory Column.
The interior cannot be visited due to restoration works.