Salamanca University was founded in 1218, and gained great prestige outside Spain as a centre for teaching and culture.
The university building has a square floorplan with a central courtyard and surrounding galleries. Its most interesting feature is its Plateresque façade. The Escuelas Menores buildings stand beside the University and have façades in a similar artistic style, and in one of their classrooms you can still see the ceiling painted by Fernando Gállego.
- Byggnad: University
- Konsthistorisk period: Plateresque
- Historisk period: 15th century
- Miljö: The historic centre of the city of Salamanca.
- Från Måndag till Lördag Från 10:00 till 19:30
- Helgdagar och Söndag Från 10:00 till 13:30
- Ordinarie: 10€
- Reducerat: 5€
- Barn: Fritt inträde
The ticket includes admission to the Escuelas Mayores building and Archbishop Fonseca college.
Audio guide, Cafe