San Martín de Unx
Church of San Martín de Tours
Church of San Martín de Tours © Larrion y Pimoulier. Archivo de Turismo «Reyno de Navarra»
This church, situated on the top of a hill, offers a variety of styles spanning several centuries because of the different construction stages it underwent.
It was built in the mid-12th century (consecrated in 1156), although the old Romanesque building is not preserved entirely: only the semicircular apse and the crypt, with semi-circular arches, as well as the two doorways with a triple archivolt - one of them coming from the old parish church in the uninhabited Sengáriz (municipality of Ibargoiti). The crypt is made up of an apse and three small naves with three sections.
The main nave in the church has Gothic ribbed vaults (13th century). The choir stalls were installed in the 14th century and the nave in the Epistle side and the vestry are also in the Gothic style, even though they were built in the 16th century. The portico is Baroque (18th century). A modern belfry (20th century) rises up above the portico.
- Konsthistorisk period:
Helgdagar och Söndagar
Från 11:00 till 13:00
Från 16:30 till 18:30