Santa María la Mayor Church
Mixture of styles.
The Catholic Monarchs ordered its construction in 1485, but it was not finished until the 17th century. This explains its combination of different artistic styles.
Its three naves preserve Gothic columns and ogives, although it suffered great damage in an earthquake that happened in 1580, destroying part of the church. Its Renaissance Choir is one of the most important elements of this building, along with the reredos of the Virgen del Mayor Dolor, in Baroque style. The image of the Virgin is attributed, according to some researchers, to the work of Montañés, according to others to “La Roldana”.
- Byggnad: Church
- Konsthistorisk period: Renaissance
- Historisk period: 15th century
- Från Måndag till Lördag Från 10:00 till 19:00
- Helgdagar Från 10:00 till 12:30 Från 14:00 till 19:00
- Ordinarie: 4€
- Grupper: 3€ Grupos mínimo 15 personas
- Pensionärer: 2€
- Barn: Fritt inträde