Town Hall or Casa de la Ciutat
Historic building with a mixture of architectural styles
Although the original work dates from the 14th century, various remodelling projects have endowed the Casa de la Ciutat with a mixture of styles.
The original work dates from 1372, although it has undergone major reforms. The main façade is in the neoclassical style and was produced between 1838 and 1847 by Josep Mas. Highlights of the interior, which is in a more refined style, include the historic room known as the Saló de Cent, with its characteristic semicircular arches and decorated wooden beams. Also of interest is the Saló de Cròniques, with luxurious black flooring and paintings by Josep María Sert. It has an attractive courtyard with a stairway and an ogival gallery. The Grand Staircase in black marble was built in 1926.
- Byggnad: Public building
- Konsthistorisk period: Neo-classical
- Historisk period: 19th century, 14th century
- Miljö: Palau de la Generalitat, Palau Episcopal.
- Söndag Från 10:00 till 13:30
- apr 12 Från 10:00 till 20:00
- apr 23 Från 10:00 till 20:00
- maj 30 Från 10:00 till 20:00