Palace of the Count of Toreno
This palace was declared a Historic-Artistic Monument. It is a Baroque building with a rectangular floor plan, arranged in three corridors around a central courtyard, from which the staircase begins. It was built in 1675 by Gregorio de la Roza. The exterior of the building is marked by its asymmetrical Baroque façade, made with ashlar stones and flanked by two Tuscan columns. At present, it houses the Royal Institute of Asturian Studies (RIDEA), an institution that was founded by the Provincial Council in 1946.
- Konsthistorisk period:
- Historisk period:
- 17th century
Only the exterior of the monument can be visited.