Villablanca International Dance Festival
- När: Från 2016-aug-25 till 2016-aug-26
- Var?: Villablanca
- Mer information: http://www.andalucia.org/es/eventos/festival-internacional-de-danzas/
- Verksamhet: Festival
- Tema: Music, Dance, Spanish folk
The Villablanca International Dance Festival came into being in 1980, with the aim of demonstrating a traditional shepherds' dance that was the sole preserve of men around the 16th century.
This dance has been performed year after year in front of a statue of Nuestra Señora de la Blanca, the town's patron saint, for centuries. The strength and tradition of this dance is proven in its very existence - Charles III prohibited it in any religious procession or function. The dancers come together, and a "manigero" (the leader of the troupe) marks out the rhythm of the nine "mudanzas", or steps, which make up the dance. Of these, the first is especially emblematic. It symbolises a meeting between shepherds. There is also another where the dancers cross their sticks. Once upon a time this was so that the Marquises of Ayamonte could pass underneath.
- Datum: Från 2016-aug-25 till 2016-aug-26
Villablanca (Huelva. Andalusia)
Öppettider och priser
- Från 2016-aug-25 till 2016-aug-26
* Uppgifterna kan komma att ändras