Öppettider och helgdagar
- At what time do shops and businesses open?
The most common business hours are Monday through Saturday, from 9.30 h to 13.30 h, and from 16.30 to 20.00 h. Big shopping centres and department stores open from 10.00 h to 21.00 or 22.00 h uninterruptedly. These big stores open sometimes on Sunday. In coastal cities, in high season, shops are usually open passed 22.00 h. Pharmacies open from 9.30 to 13.30 h, and from 16.30 to 20.00 h. In all major cities you can find pharmacies that open 24 hours. Pharmacies follow a rolling late-hour schedule, which is published in the newspapers, and is posted at all pharmacies.
- Vilka dagar är helgdagar i hela Spanien?
Det finns flera olika datum i den spanska kalendern som är markerade som helgdagar, och de kan vara nationella, regionala eller lokala.
För 2016 är de följande dagarna helgdagar i hela landet:
• 1 januari, nyårsdagen.
• 6 januari, trettondagen.
• 24 mars, skärtorsdagen (i hela Spanien med undantag för Katalonien).
• 25 mars, långfredagen.
• 2 maj, måndagen som följer på internationella arbetardagen (i Andalusien, Aragonien, Asturien, Kanarieöarna, Kastilien och León, Extremadura och Madrid)
• 15 augusti, Jungfru Marie himmelsfärd.
• 12 oktober, Spaniens nationaldag.
• 1 november, alla helgons dag.
• 6 december, Spaniens författningsdag.
• 8 december, firandet av den obefläckade avlelsen.
• 26 december, måndagen som följer på juldagen (med undantag för Kanarieöarna, Galicien, Baskien och La Rioja)
- At what time are meals served in Spain?
Breakfast is usually had from eight to ten in the morning. Lunch, at restaurants, is served between 13.00 to 15.30 h. Dinner is served from 20.30 to 23.00 h. Many establishments are open continuously throughout the day, especially bars and cafeterias; there you can have "tapas", appetisers, and combo meals.Cinemas usually have flexible hours, starting around 16.30 to 17.00 h. The last showing is around 22.00, although there are cinemas with midnight shows in all major cities. Theatres usually have a single show, which normally starts around 20.00 h.Night time in Spain has a very special meaning, specially from Thursday to Sunday. Pubs, bars, and nightclubs usually stay open until three or four in the morning. In all major cities you can find places that are open until dawn.
- What’s the time in Spain?
The time zone on the Spanish mainland and the Balearic Islands is Greenwich Mean Time (GMT) + 1 hour in winter and + 2 hours in summer. On the Canary Islands, it is GMT, or GMT + 1 hour in summer, i.e. always 1 hour less than the time on the mainland and in the Balearics.
Spain changes its time between summer and winter for daylight saving. This means that the last weekend in October the clocks go back 1 hour (at 3am it is 2am) and the last weekend in March they go forward 1 hour (at 2am it is 3am).